The North Dakota National Guard Child & Youth Program supports the social, emotional, and academic needs of military children and youth. It encourages the development of positive self-esteem, self-confidence, team skills and leadership abilities.
Our office can help assist you in a variety of areas, to include:
- Information & resources for newborns through age 18.
- How to effectively communicate with your children and youth about deployments, separation and the importance of being a military child. Click Here to view the Military Deployment Guide.
- Training tools for the community, your FRG and guard leadership.
- Specific youth and children events, such as national workshops, local camps, teen council, and education year round events.
Click here to view our current newsletter for the latest events
- Programs and supportive organizations to help assist with childcare needs.
HAVE A PASSION FOR SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY CHILDREN & YOUTH?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead
If you are interested in volunteering with the NDNG Child & Youth Program, please let me know! We are always looking for adults and youth to help with events, trainings, community outreach and supporting National Guard children & youth!
PICTURES FROM OUR EVENTS AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PROGRAM ARE AVAILABLE AT:
www.facebook.com/ "North Dakota National Guard Youth"
We want YOU to join the Youth Council!
• Are you a military youth between the ages of 12-17?
• Do you want to meet new friends & get involved in your community?
• Do you like to hang out & have fun!?
• Are you a role model or leader?
If you said yes… then click here for more information and fill out the Youth Council Form!
2013 Youth Fish Camp
Register today for this year’s Youth Fish Camp, where campers will learn the ins and outs of fishing from experienced staff and volunteers from the Game & Fish Department while learning about the military culture from National Guard uniformed personnel. Campers will be empowered through a variety of teambuilding and leadership activities.
Date: June 10-14, 2013
Location: Camp of the Cross, Garrison, ND
Click here to register. Registration deadline is April 15th.
2013 Military Youth Camp I and II
Military Youth Camp I—Youth ages 8-11 (youth will sleep in tents)
Military Youth Camp II—Youth ages 12-15 (youth will sleep in cabins)
This camp is intended only for youth who are members of military families
Campers will strengthen their leadership skills while completing action-packed activities
Military-based curriculum will be intertwined with traditional camp activities
Campers will form life long bonds with other military youth
Campers will develop self-confidence through team building games, skill building activities and social interaction.
This camp is sponsored by Operation Military Kids
Date: July 14-18, 2013
Location: 4-H Western Camp, Washburn, ND
Register today at www.ndsu.edu/4h/camp
Beth Sandeen Nicole Cook
Lead Child and Youth Coordinator Child and youth coordinator