The Army healthcare team maintains the physical and overall well-being of every member of the North Dakota Army National Guard. All categories of health care are represented: doctors, nurses, dentists, specialists and medical services.
Additional AMEDD officer positions include a number of specialties within the following areas:
• Physicians (MD and DO)
• Dentists (DMD and DDS)
• Physician Assistants (PA-C) and Physical Therapists (PT)
• Medical Administrators, Social Workers (LISW, LCSW), Clinical Psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.), Environmental Engineers, Nuclear Physicists and MEDEVAC Pilots
• Registered Nurses (RN)
Special Branch Officer General Eligibility Requirements:
• Meet the prescribed medical and moral standards for appointment as a commissioned officer
• Be a United States citizen
• Have completed an accredited qualifying degree program
• Be 21 years of age
• Some advanced practice medical professionals may join up to age 58
• Be able to obtain a secret security clearance
The North Dakota Army National Guard Medical Corps can be a great place to start your healthcare career or an inspiring place to lead others with your experience and expertise. Either way, it's an outstanding way to serve your country and help others. You may join and be direct commissioned as a medical or dental student as well, you must be enrolled or accepted into a qualifying medical or dental school.
If you don't have your degree, you can still serve in the medical field as an enlisted Soldier.