Montgomery GI Bill
The North Dakota Army National Guard offers the Selective Reserve Montgomery GI Bill to help with college expenses. This benefit pays you a stipend while attending college (or other approved technical school). The Montgomery GI Bill may be used in addition to the 100% Federal Tuition Assistance and the Army National Guard GI Bill Kicker. Prior service members may also be entitled to the Montgomery GI Bill.
Students who are eligible can earn up to $12,132 under the Montgomery GI Bill. Upon application to the Veterans Administration office, you will be certified as a full-time, three-quarter time or half-time student with the following tax free monthly checks:
• Full - time $345.00/mo for 36 months = $12,420
• 3/4 - time $258.00/mo for 48 months = $12,384
• 1/2 - time $171.00/mo for 72 months = $12,312
• Have a high school diploma or equivalency
• Enlist/reenlist or extend service in the Army National Guard for six year obligation
• Must complete Initial Active Duty for Training (BCT and AIT) or Officer Basic Course (OBC)
Contact your North Dakota Army National Guard Representative for more details on educational benefits and eligibility requirements.