Tuition Assistance Program
The combined Federal and State Tuition Assistance Programs will cover up to 100% tuition at a North Dakota state supported school. Federal Tuition Assistance will be paid directly to the school and will cover a maximum of $250 per semester hour, plus fees, up to a total of $4,500 per fiscal year. No funding will be paid on failed, dropped, incomplete classes or cumulative GPA below 2.0.
After all Federal Tuition Assistance funds have been utilized, State reimbursement will be available to cover remaining tuition costs. State funded reimbursement will be paid after each semester based on the number of successfully completed credits with a “C” grade (2.0 GPA) or higher. Tuition Assistance is subject to the availability of funds.
Tuition Assistance may be used in addition to the Montgomery GI Bill, GI Bill Kicker, Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill, and Pell Grants.
• Eligibility begins the day a person joins the Army National Guard, prior to BCT/AIT or even while still in high school
• Students need to complete courses in which Tuition Assistance is provided, before their Expiration Term of Service (ETS) date
• Commissioned officers must agree to remain in the Army National Guard for at least four years following completion of the course in which Tuition Assistance is provided
• The college or university attended must be a nationally or regionally accredited institution
Tuition Assistance funds will not be disbursed without verification of enrollment
• The institution must provide the Soldier with documentation clearly describing the cost of each course
• Students must remain a satisfactory participant in the Army National Guard
Contact your North Dakota Army National Guard Representative for more details on educational benefits and eligibility requirements.