Leadership Development Courses
As a Soldier with experience, you understand the value of good leadership. You also realize that leadership skills can have a big influence on your promotions within the North Dakota Army National Guard and on your civilian career. Many prior service Soldiers will want to take advantage of the leadership opportunities offered through these special schools.
• Warrior Leader Course (WLC) – This two-week course trains Soldiers in the fundamentals of leadership. Through this first-line leader course, a Soldier transitions to a Noncommissioned Officer (NCO).
• Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course (BNCOC) - Phase 1 BNCOC represents the second level of NCO Professional Military Education. Section and squad leaders become masters of their Military Occupational Specialties (MOSs) as well as expert trainers and training managers. BNCOC focuses on leading and training inside the platoon and provides the initial exposure to core staff skills needed inside the battalion level.
• Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course (ANCOC) - Phase 1 ANCOC represents the third level of NCO Professional Military Education. This course is focused on equipping the platoon sergeant for leading and training at the company level and expanding the NCO’s staff skills to those needed at the brigade level.
• First Sergeants Course (FSC) - is a scenario-driven, performance-oriented course of instruction designed to prepare Sergeants First Class and Master Sergeants for positions of responsibility as unit First Sergeants.
• Sergeants Major Course (SGM Course) – is the capstone of the Noncommissioned Officer Education System (NCOES) that aims to produce senior NCOs with the ability to lead in combat and manage at battalion and higher levels.